Paragraph 5 of your lease agreement states “Lessor is not responsible for any personal property on the Premises unless loss is due to Lessor’s negligence. Lessee will be responsible for and is required to insure all the Lessee’s personal property on the Premises and hereby relieves Lessor of all risk that can be insured thereunder.” This statement requires all Buckeye Real Estate residents to obtain renter’s insurance, which can easily be done through most insurance agencies that also carry home-owner’s insurance. Most renter’s insurance policies are so inexpensive, you really can’t afford NOT to have one.

Following are some features you may want to look for in a policy: “Replacement Cost Coverage” – should you have a loss due to a covered peril, your 10 year old television set will be replaced with a new one of like kind and quality. If you do not have replacement cost, the insurance company will take depreciation into account when looking into replacements. If your apartment-home has a basement, be sure to seek a policy that includes water sewer and drain coverage to those things that may be stored in a basement that could be damaged. Other valuables, such as jewelry, fine arts, computers, and waterbeds, etc. can be covered as well.

We have listed a few insurance agents in the Columbus area that would be happy to speak with you regarding your coverage options:

Clyde J. Wofford II

AL Washington Insurance

1010 Old Henderson Road Suite # 204

Columbus, Ohio 43220

614-564-9156 ext. 102

Stephanie Sambroak

Liberty Mutual Insurance

440 Polaris Parkway Suite 150

Westerville, Ohio 43082

Ph: 614-245-6138 |Cell: 614-446-9245